We are seeking a Sales Assistant to work in our busy Sales and Marketing team for Black Dog Publishing and its partner company Artifice books on architecture. Both publishing houses specialise in highly illustrated books on art, design and architecture that produce a fresh, eclectic take on contemporary culture.
The primary responsibility of the Sales Assistant will be working with the North American-focused team members in our existing Sales and Marketing team to expand the number of accounts stocking both Black Dog and Artifice titles in North America. While this is the primary responsibility, you will work in a lively publishing office, with opportunities to contribute to other sales, marketing, press and events tasks as they arise.
Key responsibilities of the role include:
· Researching bookshops and other retail outlets not currently stocking Black Dog and Artifice titles
· Approaching these outlets to pitch them Black Dog and Artifice’s titles, both by phone and by email
Additional responsibilities of the role include:
· Organising promotional events and special offers for Black Dog and Artifice’s titles with North American accounts
· Researching new accounts in other regions, as and when the need arises
Prior experience with and knowledge of the book industry and working with North America is beneficial.
The ideal candidate will demonstrate the following qualities and capabilities:
· Some experience in publishing and familiarity with database systems
· A keen eye for detail and the ability to multi-task
· Excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills
· An ability to prioritise multiple responsibilities and organise workflow
· A strong interest in and knowledge of art, architecture and design
· Proven ability to work both independently and as part of a team
· Proficiency in MS Office Suite and Mac systems
Location: Islington, London Hours: 9.30am–5.30pm, Monday–Friday.
Please send your CV and covering letter to the Sales and Marketing Manager at Anastasia@blackdogonline.com, with the subject ‘’Sales Assistant’’.
Due to the high number of applicants, if you do not hear back after two weeks from the closing date, please consider your application unsuccessful.
Closing date: Monday 18th September 2017.