We are seeking a Sales Assistant to work in our busy Sales and Marketing team for Black Dog Publishing and its partner company Artifice books on architecture. Both publishing houses specialise in highly illustrated books on art, design and architecture that produce a fresh, eclectic take on contemporary culture.
The Sales Assistant will work alongside the Sales and Marketing Team to build sales and developstrong relationships with sales representatives and distribution partners in the US and Canada.
The requirements of the role include:
– Developing sales material
– Producing sales reports
– Researching sales opportunities for titles
– Dealing directly with sales forces and customers
– Undertaking stock checks and coordinating delivery logistics
– Attending public and trade book fairs, locally and internationally, to represent and promote thecompany’s titles
–Planning and staffing book launches and seasonal sales
Prior experience with and knowledge of the book industry and working with North America is beneficial.
The ideal candidate will demonstrate the following qualities and capabilities:
· Some experience in publishing and familiarity with database systems
· A keen eye for detail and the ability to multi-task
· Excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills
· An ability to prioritise multiple responsibilities and organise workflow
· A strong interest in and knowledge of art, architecture and design
· Proven ability to work both independently and as part of a team
· Proficiency in MS Office Suite, Mac systems and Adobe InDesign.
Location: Islington, London Hours: 9.30am–5.30pm, Monday–Friday.
Please send your CV and a covering letter that clearly states how your experience and skills meet the Person Specification to Marcia Derraik at firstname.lastname@example.org with Sales Assistant clearly stated in the subject header.
Due to the high number of applicants, if you do not hear back after two weeks from the closing date, please consider your application unsuccessful.
Closing date: Monday 27th November 2017.